Sunday, December 04, 2011

Grandpa's Cheap Nursing Home

Elusive points out what most people know, old people fear, and young people plain don't mind speaking their mind about.

What's great is this is the "shooting in the foot" aspect of this.

You voted to have future generations take care of you.

And you

1. Mismanaged the economy so horribly that when it's time for the youth to start working there are no jobs and no economic growth
2. You've brought them up to be entitlement monsters, so they have no allegiance or loyalty to you. They're only concerned about themselves (sound familiar?)
3. You've made it impossible for them to even work up the wealth to pay for your impossible retirement, not just because you've crashed the economy, but you told them to "follow their heart" and whatever other leftist 60's crap, and now none of them have the skills to get the jobs to earn the money to pay the taxes for your SS and medicare.

Your question when looking for a nursing home won't be, "do you accept medicare?"

It will be, "Does this nursing home have heat?"

Enjoy the decline!

3 comments:

Randy Cox The Penny Capitalist said...

Yes, they've done everything to bring about the decline, but for those who would buy and sell--even in decline--there will be buying and selling until the last day.

There are plenty of valid excuses, but are also plenty of opportunities left by the destroyers. Lets seize one of the opportunities and make something good happen for us. If we all do this, the economy will take care of itself.

Anonymous said...

I've always managed my savings and investments assuming that I wouldn't ever see a dime of Social Security.

What scares me is that the government could quite literally steal my retirement assets and redistribute them to people my age that didn't save a plugged nickel for their retirement.

Dick Slater said...

Oh, Captain, this is a big reason I'm going to enjoy every minute of the decline. Seeing my mother get hers will be worth it.

My boomer parents spent every dime they ever had and then some, and refused to pay for my college education. (Fortunately I was bright enough to get a full ride scholarship.) Of course, they spent plenty on the mis-education of my spoiled brat silly-major princess of a sister who was obviously never going to amount to anything that didn't involve cleaning the house and popping out kids.

The last straw was when my mother opposed my marriage to one of the few good women out there, of the sort that hardly knows what to do with jewelry, takes it for granted that she needs a real job, couldn't be paid to pop out brats, had to practically be begged to have a wedding ceremony, and puts out even without an expensive gift being involved even now we're married.

My mother, of course, married my father for the good money she knew he'd make as an engineer, and she was the one who browbeat my father into spending it all. I, her last remaining bachelor son, was her retirement plan.

My mother was not invited to the wedding.

Pity we won't be visiting in a way. I want to see the old bitch's face when her SS check bounces. Nursing home with heat? Hypothermia's too good for her.

(Fortunately my sister, currently in a dead-end gubmint office job, plans to stay a virgin till marriage, so at least one person will be around to change the old whore's diapers. Those two deserve each other.

My wife and I have other plans, hundreds of miles away, enjoying the decline.)