Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pawn's Gambit

Time gets away from you.

You are busy supporting yourself, and if you have an entrepreneurial streak, time really gets away from you as you pursue pointless endeavor after pointless endeavor wondering if these pursuits might actually pay off in a genuinely free market like China.

However, when Marty send me his press release for "The Educator" I had this horrible sinking guilt feeling.

"Oh my God. I forgot JR Hume's book."

JR sent me his book quite a while ago. You know I don't like to read, but Natasha does and she said she couldn't put it down. But as much as she liked it, her enjoyment of it paled in comparison to me forgetting to post about it. And this was like over a year ago.

Therefore fellow Junior, Deputy, Aspiring, Official or Otherwise, Economists,

if you like sci-fi/fantasy sort of fiction I STRONGLY recommend you buy Mr. Hume's book, Pawn's Gambit.

Matter of fact, I have so much guilt, I would recommend you buy his book before mine.

Seriously, if you're the sci fi type, do me a favor and assuage me of my guilt and buy AND READ his book.

It's important to read it too!

Matter of fact I have story. I was at my uncle's funeral. His sister, my aunt, Aunt Judy, comes up to me and the group of people were were conversing with. She may have had a couple, and continues on about her nephew who wrote a book and how she was so proud. She bragged about how she bought the book and so I naturally asked her,

"Yes, you bought it. But did you read it?"

She turned bright red and looked into her wine glass.

I put my arm around her and said, "I love you, Aunt Judy."

So, in any case, I'm glad we're all going to go buy Pawn's Gambit.

You will solve me of my sins and make Mr. Hume a happy man.

No comments: