Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stop-Loss

Wow, who would have guessed a defeatist film like Stop Loss would have failed like "Lions for Lambs?"

It actually gives me hope that there is some kind of "silent majority" that is sick of the constant Anti-American, Anti-Military, Anti-Success crowd.

No shock it was an MTV movie.

Where the hell are the Indiana Jones and Star Wars flicks? No seriously, where are the moralled, gun toting westerns where a bunch of honorable guys are still allowed to pick up their guns and go kill the bad guys because the local law enfarsement (particular kudos to the crap that is known as the Minneapolis "profleece" department) is too impotent to deal with the problem?

I think of Tombstone where the good guys just up and killed the bad guys, but today, they'd get arrested and prosecuted for murder. Sadly, if I uttered the words to any enemy of mine "I'm your huckleberry" I'd too be arrested and sent to the slammer because of political incorrectness. I'm sure saying "Hell's coming with me" would also be banned.

I'm glad we de-masculinized the United States. Wyatt Earp I'm sure would be proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was one movie made in the 1950s or the 1960s (I forget) where a giant spider attacked the town and they didn't even need to call the military; the local cops handled it! :D

Seriously, there is some serious $$$ to be made I bet if some Hollywood director or producer or rich person would produce a movie that is pro-American military and just portrays the terrorists as, well, terrorists and has the soldiers kill them without much concern.

Look at the success of "The 300." I can understand portraying the Iraqis themselves as good people, because they are, but just portray the soldiers as bad-asses and the terrorists as terrorists!

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I would also point to the success of We Were Soldiers; whodathunk a movie that realistically portrayed combat in Vietnam without an overt political message would have done well at the box office?

Captain Capitalism said...

Good point, I too liked "A Bridge Too Far" where the allies summarily had their asses handed to them (and yes, yes I know your contention that it was still a brilliant plan). Regardless it was a real film and I don't recall any political call or tisk-tisking for peace and love and puppies and flowers and the death of all Republicans in that movie.

If we had only understood and talked to Hitler we'd then now know how to deal with Acmadijonmustard now and without violence.

F451-2.0 said...

Thanks Captain

A 47 year mystery solved. Since 1961, in countless elevators and grocery stores Andy Williams' Moon River "I'm after the same rainbow's end, my huckleberry friend..." has drifted subliminally in one ear and out the other.

As a consequence, I've been muttering,"what the...nevermind" since I was nine years old. A heavy burden to carry through life but now the weight has lifted.

I rejoice.