Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Conspiracy Theory About Conspiracy Theories

I theorize that people who subscribe to conspiracy theories do so because they don't have the ability to be as smart and as intellectual as they like. Deep down inside they don't believe it, they just spout it off to either sound "smarter than you dumb schlepps that don't know any better" or to antagonize people.



Still, a sign that it's high time to move out of the US is that the most popular theory is that 9-11 was an inside job.

3 comments:

Wulf said...

But these are global searches, aren't they? I get the impression that the 9/11 conspiracy is actually more popular overseas than here.

CapitalBabs said...

I wouldn't worry too much. The popularity of theories has as much to do with media coverage as the popularity of Presidential Candidates!

Since they just opened up that store house with all the info about Kennedy and the investigation into the shooters, that will spike right up there and take over.

Anonymous said...

I spent a great deal of my early twenties watching X-Files and following stories of Area-51, Alien cover ups, stories of Virus protection writers employing people to create the very viruses that they were protecting the PC community from... and so on...
I hit 30 and realised that I was not only wasting my time but was missing out on just getting out there and smelling clean air, drinking clean water and experiecning life...
But then that makes you think... don't they put Fluoride in the water to control us, isn't there a chip in my phone that tracks my movements, my call are recorded... hell they even have my IP address... they knoe where i LIVE... Nah I don't subsribe to that :)