Friday, January 13, 2006

Winger

So it's Friday afternoon. And we all know that on Friday afternoons the production of GDP in the US drops to levels similarily found in The Republic of Chad.

Thusly, I was perusing about the internet, reading one of my favorite comics, and there's a link with a cartoon guy with a big nose "Winger."

Had nothing else to do so I clicked on it. And it was that one click that reminded me the best things that have happened to me were by taking chances.

"Armed and Dangerous" looked like a stupid video game, but I rented it anyway and found out it was my favorite video game ever.

Didn't see a trail in Badlands National Park, but I did see the buttes I wanted to go to, and so just trekked out right into the field. That resulted not only a great 24 mile hike, but finding 2 fossil sites that hadn't been discovered by humans since the beasts died there.

And let's not forget the radio show competition. Didn't know if I was really up to it, had a lot of competition and no previous experience to speak of. Now I'm one of four finalists in AM 1500's Next Big Thing competition.

Winger is the same thing, teaches you to click on that extra link, take the time to look at new things. ABSOLUTELY FREAKING HILARIOUS! And intelligently so too. And although I'm an adamant despiser of religion, and the hero, Winger, is religious, he actually shows you that you can be religious and an independent thinker and somebody who can function in the real world...of course, Winger is a cartoon whereas I've yet to find a religious person in the real world that does the same.

One final thing I will mention is that I do like the combination 1950's/1940's art with a hint of Japanese animation. It's like Walt Kelly's Pogo meets Cowboy Bebop, classy and modern at the same time.

Anyway, pay young Carson a visit. You shan't regret it.

1 comment:

Renegade Paladin said...

Heh. Winger rocks. A bit self-serving with your choice of link though, ne? ;)